Bora Bora Residency Centre launches the first open call to submit proposals for projects to be researched and/or developed in season 2018-19 (August 2018 to June 2019). In this pioneer year we will host 3 residencies open to professional dance artists or dance ensembles or stage directors with a strong choreographic idea from all over the world. In the following seasons we will be able to host at least 6 residencies.
Residencies may be for the following purpose(s)
– Early developing and exploration of an artistic idea
– Taking an already developed idea to the next stage
– Explore a completely new direction of your artistic work to change direction of your career as an artist
Details for applicants
Bora Bora Residency Centre selects the residents through a focus on artistic quality, depth and innovation. We also welcome artists who want to interact with the host (partner venues or folk high schools) and the local audiences.
We customize each residency after an analytic dialogue to explore your artistic focus in the residency and secure that the residency design supports this focus.
If selected Bora Bora Residency Centre will provide
– 2-3 weeks studio time with one of our Danish co-hosts/partners
– Travel covered
– Accommodation provided for up to 4 artists/collaborators
– A fee of 875 euro per week per artist
– Communication services as part of the Bora Bora Community with online artists database, listing in newsletter and follow up listings about future residencies, co-production and premieres in the years to come
If required, we can also provide
– Feedback from in house dramaturgs
– Feedback from external mentor/outside eye
– In house tech support
– Cooperation with external partners within the field of new technology, education, research and outreach
As a resident at Bora Bora Residency Centre we request you to
– Deliver a class or workshop for the local students or artists
– Interact with the local dance community or audience through a sharing or talk about your work
– Contribute with info on your work for our website and newsletter
– Include the Bora Bora Residency Centre on all future publicity materials relating to the work resulting from your residency
– Give feedback to us on the process of your residency
Criteria for selection
Applicants should demonstrate
– An artistic idea that is daring and relevant here and now
– A cv demonstrating your track record in making and presenting dance work
– An understanding of how the residency will enhance your artistic development
– An interest in a long lasting relation with Bora Bora and partners
How to apply:
The selection is based on artistic curation by the jury consisting of Pia Krämer (director of O Espaço do Tempo in Portugal), Thomas Eisenhart (artistic director of Aaben Dans in Denmark) and Jesper de Neergaard (artistic director of Bora Bora in Denmark).
THE NEXT OPEN CALL WILL BE IN 2019
Deadline for 2019 will be around February
For questions please write us at email@example.com
See the complete list of partners and co-hosts here.
If you still didn’t find all the information you need about the residency centre, feel free to have a look through our Q&A here, where we have answered some of the more frequent questions about the residency centre.