- to be seen or not to be seen.
Our eternal curiosity, urge to pry and to interact flows as an undercurrent through this new performance Busy Bodies. Within the past year, choreographer Helle Bach created six different solo portraits. Busy Bodies gives rebirth to the individual solo in the company of others. For better or worse, they intervene in each other's expressions and attempts at being.
As a paparazzo who steals the portrait and exhibits it the way he wants. Or as a keen, sympathetic friend who (almost) only wants the best for you. Busy Bodies is six dancing portraits blending together in a spacy show about being seen or not being seen. They see what they want and mess around in each other's lives before they waltz on into their own.
Interview with Helle Bach (in Danish)
Read article about Busy Bodies in Terpsichore (in Danish)
Busy Bodies is a co-production between dadadans and Bora Bora.
Helle Bach & Bora Bora
* Helle Bach has worked as a freelance choreographer since 1999.
* Moved to Aarhus in 2007 when she received a grant from the Danish Council of Performing Arts for a position as in-house choregrapher at GRAN Theatre for Dance at Brobjergskolen.
* When GRAN left the premises at Brobjergskolen, Helle Bach sought out Entré Scenen which was a modest production house for performing arts and she became the in-house choreographer here instead.
* At Entré Scenen Helle Bach / dadadans produced the performances Inside Out - Outside In (2009), Snip Snap Snude (2010) and Fjer og stilletter (2011).
* In February 2013 Entré Scenen became Bora Bora - Dance and Visual Theatre and Helle Bach followed suit. In 2012 she premiered her performance Still Going WRONG at Bora Bora.
* Busy Bodies has its world premiere at Bora Bora on november 26. 2013.