Bora Bora Residency Centre welcomes proposals from professional dance artists for projects to be researched and/or developed in season 2019-20 (August 2019 to June 2020). There are up to 6 residencies open to professional dance artists or dance ensembles or stage directors with a strong choreographic idea from all over the world. In addition, it is possible for Danish or Danish-based artists to apply for consideration for our international and nordic residency programmes, which are based on exchanges with our Residency Centre partners (read more about them here). If you’re Danish or Danish-based artists, there is also the possibility of applying for a co-production with Bora Bora, through this open call. (Read more about the co-production at the bottom of this page).
Deadline for submitting applications have now passed. Thank you for the interest in our residency centre.
Applicants for 2019 can expect the results during March 2019.
If you want to stay on top of news and open calls from the residency centre, feel free to sign up for our newsletter here.
GO TO THE APPLICATION FORM HERE
It is only possible to apply for residencies and other opportunities with Bora Bora Residency Centre through our application form based on open calls.
Residencies may be for the following purpose(s)
– Early developing and exploration of an artistic idea
– Explore a completely new direction of your artistic work to change direction of your career as an artist
By submitting an application you agree to letting Bora Bora Residency Centre keep and store the information you provide in this application for the purpose of contacting you regarding Bora Bora residencies and other opportunities with us, our jury and/or any of our partners listed on our website.
Details for applicants
Bora Bora Residency Centre selects the residents through a focus on artistic quality, depth and innovation. We also welcome artists who want to interact with the host (partner venues or folk high schools) and the local audiences. We will prioritize research residencies at this time.
We customize each residency after an analytic dialogue to explore your artistic focus in the residency and secure that the residency design supports this focus.
If selected Bora Bora Residency Centre will provide
– 2-3 weeks studio time with one of our Danish co-hosts/partners
– Travel covered
– Accommodation provided for up to 4 artists/collaborators
– A fee of 875 euro per week per artist
– Communication services as part of the Bora Bora Community with online artists database, listing in newsletter and follow up listings about future residencies, co-production and premieres in the years to come
If required, we can also provide
– Feedback from in house dramaturgs
– Feedback from external mentor/outside eye
– In house tech support
– Cooperation with external partners within the field of new technology, education, research and outreach
As a resident at Bora Bora Residency Centre we request you to
– Deliver a class or workshop for the local students or artists
– Interact with the local dance community or audience through a sharing or talk about your work
– Contribute with info on your work for our website and newsletter
– Include the Bora Bora Residency Centre on all future publicity materials relating to the work resulting from your residency
– Give feedback to us on the process of your residency
Criteria for selection
Applicants should demonstrate
– An artistic idea that is daring and relevant here and now
– A cv demonstrating your track record in making and presenting dance work
– An understanding of how the residency will enhance your artistic development
– An interest in a long lasting relation with Bora Bora and partners
Information about co-production
With the support of the Bikuben Foundation, Bora Bora offers one annual co-production in seasons 2019-2021.
Through a co-production we are providing a Danish artist with the opportunity of more ease of mind by extending the production period and strengthening the relevant artistic competencies within the production. Bora Bora will be an active partner in the production and work with our international networks as a platform for distribution and connection to even more partners for the project.
The co-production is granted a total amount of 500,000 DKK
The co-production cover support of up to 370,000 DKK – including:
– Production support for e.g. design and artistic fees as well as production of costumes/set etc.
The co-production furthermore covers support of up to 130,000 DKK – including:
– Support from Bora Bora. This could be assistance with production planning, dramaturg, studiospaces, technicians/technical equpment, marketing, administration and sales.
– Performances at Bora Bora.
– Assistance in touring possibilities and pitching of performance at conferences and to international networks.
The exact structure, economical circumstances and timeframe of the co-production, will be negotiated between Bora Bora and the chosen artist/group.
The artist/group will be chosen by the international jury, among the Danish based applicants for Bora Bora Residency Centre.
We advise applicants to consider how the residency can be spent as a research opportunity in connection with the co-production, however this is not a requirement.
To be considered applicant must:
– be living in Denmark at time of application
– be able to document professional experience/education – CV
– Describe an original idea with a high level of artistic quality
– present an estimated productionbudget including funding of the production.
How to apply:
The selection is based on artistic curation by the jury consisting of Charlotte Vandevyver (dance programmer at STUK, Belgien), an artistic director from Reykjavik Dance Festival, Iceland and Jesper de Neergaard (artistic director of Bora Bora in Denmark).
The application form is accessible through to deadline and can be found here
Deadline for applications is 1 February 2019 (16:00 CPH time)
For questions please write us at [email protected]
Read more about our residency centre here:
See the complete list of partners and co-hosts here.
If you still didn’t find all the information you need about the residency centre, feel free to have a look through our Q&A here, where we have answered some of the more frequent questions about the residency centre.